Monday, April 5, 2021

Week 1 Recap; Week 2 alert

 Week 1 is in the book - sort of

How did week 1 go?  

Starting pitching and some elite hitters were definitely NOT in the groove yet while some lesser known bats were alive.

In my CBS Points league, Fernando Tatis who was a #1 pick by many including me started the season with 6 strikeouts.  Entering yesterday, he had only 2 points but that was better than SF's Mike Yastrzemski who finished the week with 0 but that is better than a negative score.  I managed to barely outpoint my competition who had 3 players sidelines by covid19 while I had 2.

Week 1 also saw Washington Nationals and New York Mets sidelines because several National players tested positive for Covid.

Advice for week 2 is to avoid National players even as they are scheduled to start playing Atlanta tomorrow (Tuesday).  That presumes no other positive test.  11 players for Washington will be out for the week BUT Washington hasn't indicated who they are but many are starters like Kyle Schwarber.  

Atlanta players on the other hand probably get a boost this week since they will be playing a depleted Washington team especially if Starting Pitchers are included in the 11 players who can't play.


In my week 1, I am ahead in 2 of my 3 Yahoo HTH leagues while trailing in 1 (3 vs 6).  That one has the two teams neck and neck in almost every stat category.  Yahoo leagues will extend week 1 to include this week so all 3 contests continue this week.


I have 2 starting pitchers - Carlos Carrasco and D. Lamet on IL in that league and picked up Ryan Yarbrough of TB who pitched well but whom I dropped and picked up Brady Singer (KC) who didn't do so well and gave up a couple of homeruns.  Tony Gonsolin was placed on the IR yesterday so I am back on the waiver wire this morning trying to add Justus Sheffield and Yusei Kikuchi so my team can compete with my opponent on pitching.  I'm hoping Adbert Alzolay (CHC) gets a start this week and hits sleeper status.  Brandon Woodruff and Aaron Civale are my 2 starting Pitchers who remain active from my original draft.  

In my ESPN Roto league, I was dead last after day 1 but bounced back to finish in 2nd place at the end of week 1.  My Yahoo Roto league is my worst so far as I am in 7th out of 12 entering week 2.

No comments: